Guidelines to Choose Outdoor Rattan Furniture
The outdoor rattan furniture market is simply exploding. Not only are there new designs, but new colors and patterns as well -- and every day there is another company springing up that sells this wonderful stuff.
Rattan grows in tropical areas. Rattan growers will harvest the plants at the right time and cut the stalks down to the right length for use in furniture. Rattan can become infested with a fungus that can discolor and eventually destroy the plant fibers. Reputable harvesters will treat their rattan plants with chemicals to prevent this from happening, but less reputable companies will not do it, or do it properly -- as a result, the rattan can develop these problems later.
Make sure that you deal with a furniture supply company that is reputable and knowledgeable, like RATTANLAND FURNITURE. If you don't you might end up buying junk that will not last very long, or look very good. Your alternative? Become an expert on all things rattan!
Outdoor rattan furniture is made from natural, organic products -- so make sure that you do not leave your furniture sitting in the middle of standing pools of water. Eventually this water can become absorbed through the rattan fibers, and it will cause the rattan to swell, with gaps appearing in the woven fibers.
If you need to maintain your outdoor rattan furniture you can keep it relatively clean by vacuuming dust and dirt from it, or by cleaning with warm soapy water. If your furniture does get wet, it should be allowed to dry thoroughly - especially before storing. If your outdoor rattan furniture requires more care, you can entrust it to a furniture restoration specialist. If rough spots appear on your furniture, you can take care of these yourself if you like: just sand the area lightly and then apply a good finish or varnish. If more extensive work needs done - if the frame is cracked, or the weaving needs repaired - you should contact your furniture restorer.
Properly cared for, outdoor rattan furniture will give you many, many years of useful service. Rattan is used the world over for outdoor furniture. It is cool, clean, lightweight and does not require extensive maintenance. For the cost, it really is one of your best values in outdoor furniture.
- VARDO Abaca Living Set: Square & Simple (September 13, 2009)
- The Leaf Lounge Set, Durable and Everlasting (January 26, 2010)
- Torun Chair, An Enticing Piece (September 30, 2009)
- To know about Come to Rattanland in Cirebon (June 20, 2007)
- ADELAIDE & HOLAND Rattan Rack Collections (April 29, 2008)
- Wicker Standing Lamp: Rattanland Masterpiece (July 22, 2007)
- The Most Comprehensive Collection of Rattan Furniture in the Internet (September 02, 2012)
- Bergere, Greatest Furniture for Highest Taste (November 26, 2009)
- Creating a Tropical Themed Room with Wicker Furniture (May 23, 2008)
- Starting Business as Loom Furniture Supplier (January 17, 2011)